mercredi 10 octobre 2007

Geneva is a city with 450 000 inhabitants. It is the second city of Switzerland. In my city, there is an airport. Geneva is by the lake « Leman » where there are several small harbors, and the famous « fountain ». There are eight districts: Servette, Pâquis, Saint-Gervais, Sain-Jean, Jonction, Eaux-vives, Champel and Plainpalais. Most of the buildings in Geneva are made out of concrete, and there are more old buildings than new ones. There are a lot of parks with many trees and greenery. Near the lake there are banks. These banks are very nice and I like going for a walk in summer, because over there a store sells the best ice-creams in Geneva.


I live in the Jonction district near the Plainpalais district, in a building. I think that my district is a family district,because there are a lot of families. My building is in a group of similar buildings.They all have seven floors. Behind my group of buildings there is a park and a university, a little further behind there is a river: « l'Arve ». On the ground floor of my building there is a chemist and a pizzeria. In front of my building there is a boulevard, with other old buildings. In my street there are a lot of popular bars where students hang out. My district is noisy because there is a fire station, and a lot of traffic.


I live with my parents and my three brothers in a apartment on the seventh floor. My apartment has two floors. Upstairs there are three bedrooms and a bathroom. I share my bedroom with my first brother,and the twins have a bedroom for themselves. My parents have a bedroom for themselves too. In my bedroom there are two beds, a large bookcase in a corner, two desks and my brother has a computer on his desk. Upstairs in a small hall there are two computers for the all family. Downstairs there is a living room, a kitchen and a toilet. We eat in the kitchen; generally we eat some European food. In my living room there is a table, a big bookcase, a piano, six poufs and two computers, where we can go on the Internet. We haven't got a television, but we have a « screen » to see movies or series on DVDs.


During the week, I get up at 6.45 o'clock. I go to school with friends on foot, I need twenty minutes to go to school. At midday, I go back home for lunch, and in the afternoon I go back to school. In the evening I do my homework, and I go on the Internet. On Saturday, I generally go out with my friends, sometimes we go to the Geneva old town , because there are a lots of stores, and I like shopping. On Sunday I stay with my family, and we do something together/ we spend time together.

Aucun commentaire: